We did it in style,
with a trip to the seaside AND making daisy chains.
- Venturing out with Nellie and Louie, check out my previous posts – Giants with green socks on, Run About Sunday and Down by the River.
- Wandering around the small villages and towns, learning about the history of each one.
- For me, it has been an invaluable time to blog, read and learn the art of blogging from other bloggers. The learning process may take a while, especially the art of proofreading!
- Meeting an assortment of people [Liquorice Allsorts comes to mind, in a good way!].
Sometimes it was doing the little things in life, like making a daisy chain for Nellie, while enjoying a perfectly brewed coffee sitting outside on a sunny day.
- Living in a small community and seeing how everyday people live in their piece of paradise of Northern France.
- Another delight was sharing meals with the locals [thanks again].
- Buying and cooking local food and of course eating it!
- Being cheese lovers, the food was a top highlight, how could it not be!. It was winter time and what better time to cosy down and try the numerous amounts of wonderfully tasty food. With all the food sampling and the dog walking, it sort of balanced itself out. Well, maybe!
Having fun when it snowed. Watching the snowflakes fall, snow perched on Nellie and Louie’s nose after playing in the snow, now that was MAGICAL.
Those were some of the highlights of our first Northern Hemisphere winter. Thank you, Julie and Bill, for choosing us as your house and pet sitters. Lovely to meet you both.
To Nellie, Louie, David and LouLou,
we will miss you,
With love and bags of treats,
the squire and I.