How would I describe myself?
Creative, quirky and passionate. Those three words really do sum me up in a rather quick fashion. Though I am sure many people who have known me over the years could add a few more words on to that list.
I have done many things in my life, made some fantastic decisions and some incredibly stupid ones. Many have taken me down roads I never wanted to venture down, and it took me a while to get back on track. Once on track, there was no stopping me, this was when I meet an amazing man who is my best friend and husband.
A jack of many trades master of none sums up my “career”. I started travelling in my late teens, then years later with a one-way ticket to London, what was I thinking? Worked on a cruise liner as a stewardess to working in many hotels as a bartender/waitress. Then in between those jobs, it was office work. With a stint learning to be an Occupational Therapy Assistant [hospital] and a Manager of a home for people with Disabilities. My last job was as a Qualified Preschool teacher, which I left quite a few years ago to manage our small orchard that the Squire and I created from bare land [I will chat about this under the Globalhousesitterx2 heading as it was a joint achievement].
A few more facts about myself!
- I am an early starter in a few of life’s challenges and a late starter in many. One example of my lateness is completing 10 half marathons [competitive walker] and one triathlon in my fifties.
- I have the most incredibly patient, caring and intelligent husband, and the best travel buddy any girl could want❤
- My first trip overseas was to Melbourne in the 1970’s when passports were not required. Have been travelling on and off since then.
- I love to garden and have this strange infliction of enjoying mowing lawns. NO matter what shape, I love them all.
- Don’t stand in the way of me and a good cup of coffee in the morning.
- I sometimes capture excellent photos, many get deleted as I am my harshest critic.
- I have a very contagious laugh, and I love to make people laugh.
P.S. Can you tell I do not like having my photograph taken? Must get a few new photos of myself and the Squire!
For more information check out these posts:
Thanks for reading.